Keeping your house in top shape doesn’t have to be a grueling task. With the right maintenance tips, you can keep your home looking and feeling great without spending a fortune. Here are 10 home services tips to help maintain the value of your home:
1. Inspect Your Roof – Regularly inspect your roof for signs of damage such as worn shingles or missing tiles. If you find any damage, get it repaired immediately to avoid further costly repairs down the line.
2. Re-Caulk Showers – Re-caulk around showers and tubs every year to prevent water from seeping into the wall cavities and creating mold or structural damage.
3. Clean Gutters – Keep gutters clean by removing leaves and debris regularly throughout the year. Clogged gutters can cause rain water to back up and cause costly water damage to both exterior and interior walls as well as foundations.
4. Change Furnace Filters – Change furnace filters regularly during cold months when they are being used frequently, usually once a month or more during heavy use periods like winter months in colder climates. This ensures that air is filtered properly within your house and will help reduce dust and other airborne particles that can vary with seasonal changes outside your home.
5. Insulate Pipes – Ensure pipes are adequately insulated in all weather conditions including freezing temperatures in order to prevent freezing pipes, water leaks and flooding caused by frozen pipes bursting or leaking on thawing out too quickly. Pipes should also be inspected for signs of aging or wear due to pressure from expanding ice which can create cracks in the pipe joints over time leading to potential failure if not detected early enough for repair or replacement of affected piping sections before further damage occurs due to leakage resulting from failure of the pipework sections which could lead to even more costly repairs down the line if left unchecked for too long prior to repair/replacement efforts being made in response.
6. Maintain Exterior Walls – Check exterior walls for cracks, signs of mold growth, water staining or other visible damage each year so problems can be identified quickly before they become more serious requiring expensive repair/renovation work later down the road if not caught soon enough upon routine inspection efforts made during annual maintenance check-ups which should include all aspects of maintaining one’s house including interior walls, ceilings & floors plus windows & doors (inside & out) along with siding, rooflines & related elements found outside too; this helps ensure that small issues don’t become larger ones over time thus enabling homeownership at its best instead of plowing through bigger budget items just because something wasn’t addressed early enough while it was still relatively minor!
7. Check Smoke Detectors – Make sure smoke detectors are working properly by testing them periodically as recommended by safety standards experts who suggest changing batteries twice a year along with checking all detectors each month (including those hard wired into electricity sources) just in case any need replacing due to age related issues that may creep up over longer periods between checks so as not leave oneself open for possible fire-related losses associated with inadequate protection provided by malfunctioning smoke detection equipment not doing its job properly when needed most!
8. Service Heating System – Have heating system serviced annually prior to winter season starting so any problems can be identified sooner rather than later allowing plenty of time for repair/replacement needs before frigid cold temperatures arrive making such efforts much less likely than when ample time remains before full bore weather occurrences take effect way cool style!
9 Clean Air Vents – Regularly clean air vents in order ensure proper airflow throughout house at all times while also reducing risk factors associated with dust accumulation leading up possible health hazards posed potentially due such conditions existing inside dwellings where occupants must breathe whatever is present no matter what quality level might exist so taking steps now makes total sense even if nothing currently appears amiss yet better safe than sorry applies here bigtime folks!
10 Seal Windows & Doors – Seal windows and doors against drafts each year prior to winter season starting up again as this greatly reduces heat loss keeping bills lower plus preventing uncomfortable chill factors from arising inside homes so double win situation attained easily though lots of effort exerted appropriately here yields rewards worth bragging about too indeedy doo dah day!